Saturday, June 29, 2013
A Final Weekend in Paris
So, to begin with, yesterday, I woke up early to go to the train station with some of the people also leaving by train. I ended up getting there at around 9:30 and my train wasn't until 1, so I was at the train station for about 3 and a half hours. I didn't mind that because I was with friends for most of the time and it was nice to see them off. My train was the last of ours to leave, so I was able to goodbye to everyone that I had gone to the station with. While waiting for the train, I was thinking of all the great people I had met and the fun times I had in Lille. I most certainly will be returning to Lille and I hope to see my friends often when I return to America. The train to Paris was only an hour, so that was nice. The hotel I reserved a room at is located right next to the airport, so that will be convenient on Monday when I fly home. When I finally got to the hotel and settled in, it was around 4:30. I was rather tired and I wasn't sure how long it would take to get into the city, so I decided to just relax at the hotel and make sure all my stuff was in line for Monday. That was probably a good idea because it took me two hours getting into the city this morning and one and a half hours getting back. After I had finished getting everything in line last night, I watched some of Wimbledon and realized that's going on right now and I'm just right across the Channel from it. This morning, I got up and intended to meet some of my N.C. State friends who are here Paris for the weekend too, but I greatly underestimated the amount of time it would take to get into Paris and couldn't meet up with them. So I ended just spending the day on my own. Apparently I had to pay either with my credit card or with coins to buy the train ticket into the city and the machine wouldn't take my card and I didn't have enough coins, so that held me up a while. I started out at Sacré-Cœur and walked around for a while. I wanted to buy a painting because I didn't get one the first time there, but the prices seemed to have gone up quite a bit. So I left and went back to the Hard Rock Cafe and bought another shirt and a hoodie. After the Hard Rock Cafe, I went to the area of Paris that the N.C. State group had stayed when we were there back in May. It was sentimental. I had a crêpe at the same little street vendor I went to back in May. After walking around for a while there, I ended up getting enough money out of my bank account to buy a painting from Montmartre and went and bought one. Once I had gotten the painting, it was getting a little late and knowing how long it took me to get into the city, I thought it would be a good idea to head on back to the hotel. It only took me an hour and a half getting back. Once back at the hotel, it was around 7:30, so I just relaxed for a while. And that brings us up to now. Today was a very sentimental, yet good, day. Tomorrow, I'll go back into the city for awhile. I just want to see the Eiffel Tour and Notre Dame again and I'll be good. And on Monday, I fly home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment