Thursday, June 27, 2013

Last Night in Lille

   So, tonight is my last night in Lille. I teared up a little. I've grown to like Lille very much. It is a very beautiful city. Being the last week in Lille, we had our final exams in our classes. The French exam was on Tuesday and the European Politics exam was on yesterday. Both exams went well for the most part. There were the things I knew and did not know, so it was as it was. I did well anyways. On Tuesday, we, the N.C. State group, had our last group dinner together. It was the best dinner we had on the trip in my opinion. Cheese fondue with various meats, bread, and vegetables as the main course and chocolate fondue with various fruits and marshmellows for dessert. The restaurant was a very typical French restaurant. I liked it a lot. It was nice thing to have after the French exam in the morning, which I had been slightly worried about. On Wednesday, we had the European Politics exam. I easily passed it on the French system. I'm not exactly sure how that correlates to the American system, but all the professors were saying not to worry about it. Later that night, the whole European Summer Program group at the University had a final dinner together at this really fancy restaurant near the Grand Place. That, too, was probably the best dinner the ESP group had. Obviously not as good as the N.C. State group dinner Tuesday night, but it still was really good. Afterwards, I went back to the dorm to pack and get ready to leave. It's been really sad having to get to leave. I've had a lot of fun here in Lille and have met a lot of really cool people. Today, we had our French class in the morning. We reviewed our tests we took on Tuesday. There were parts of it that could have been better, but I passed it with a good grade and it was fine otherwise. After reviewing the test, we did listening exercises by listening to music and watching clips from movies. After class, we had our last lunch in the university dinning halls. The food may have been not the best, but I'm going to miss it too. After lunch, we had a closing ceremony in the university were we got our little diploma things and said goodbye to everybody at the university. One of the interns working for the European Summer Program made a video of pictures he took during the month. It was a really good video and made me tear up a little. Afterwards, I went to the student housing office to turn in my university student card and finalize all the moving out stuff. Once that was over with, I went back to the dorm to get all the packing finished. I went to hang out with some of my friends I've made here in Lille. We played ping pong at the dorm and walked around the area one last time. Those that remained in Lille tonight (a lot of people have been having to leave today after the closing ceremony) went to have dinner at a restaurant near the Grand Place again. It was sad because it was the last of us remaining in Lille and the last dinner we'd be having in Lille together. I had some sort of sausage dish. It was a very Flemish dish and quite good (Lille is the capitol of the historical region of Flanders and is in what is known as French Flanders). When we finished dinner, we said our final goodbyes and two of my friends and I made our ways back to the dorm for the night. And, that brings us up to now. It's been really fun these past five weeks in France and I wish I could stay longer. I will be glad to get back home, but it won't be fun leaving France. In the morning, I leave for Paris for the weekend and I'll be flying out on Monday. I'll take some photos of Paris again.

No comments:

Post a Comment