Saturday, June 1, 2013

Aujourd'hui

                  Today was a rather relaxing day. I slept in until 10. I left to go get lunch around 12. Two other students and I went to a small  pâtisserie just down the road from the dorm. The two other students didn't know what they were ordering and they ended up not liking what they got. After lunch, we went to the university to have a lecture on cultural understanding that lasted for about an hour. Once that was over, I went back to the dorm and relaxed for awhile. I then went out to see more of Lille. I would have taken my camera to take pictures, but there was a parade going on that was very much politically motivated that came in response to laws the government just passed the week I got here to France and I wanted to minimize the amount of stuff on me that could have been easily stolen. But, I'll be going on group organized tour of the city tomorrow, so I'll take pictures then. I bought a CD at the book store of really cool French music. There was a brass jazz band playing New Orleans styled jazz in the main square today. I thought they really good and I stayed to listen to them for quite a while. After walking around some more, I went back to the dorm and bought some groceries at the grocery store a couple of blocks away. And that's basically all I've done today. It's been a nice today. Tomorrow I'll also be going to one of the usual Sunday markets. But for night, I'll turn in early and probably read a book or something. À bientôt!

2 comments: